Saturday, March 16, 2013


What is “LOVE”?

What does it really, truly look like? What does it not look like? This travel year this has been a focal point for me. And 1 Corinthians 13 has run through my mind many times as well as the phrase “Shawntay, are you loving? Love is patient, love is kind, love is not irritable” It’s been a challenge to me. I know I don’t perfectly get it but loving helps me hold my tongue, loving helps me think of others instead of myself, loving reminds me if I’m being self-motivated or others motivated.

Why do I love? It’s not for my sake but because of Jesus. Why love people? Why try so hard? Why die to self? Because Jesus loves me….so much! I wanna learn to love like Jesus. To me….it doesn’t matter if I’m gonna get anything in return. I wanna be the one that brings a smile to someone’s life. I wanna bring laughter to a lonely or aching heart. I wanna be a friend to those who need it. Knowing how to do that isn’t easy but it’s so much fun when it happens.

Love does not envy, Love does not boast, Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing, Love is not arrogant, Love is not rude, Love does not insist on its own way, Love is not irritable, Love is not resentful
Love is patient, Love is kind, Love rejoices with the truth, Love bears all things, Love believes all things, Love hopes all things, Love endures all things, Love never ends

 

No comments: