Thursday, November 26, 2009

5k, Thanksgiving Day Run, Niles, Michigan












The race went really well for Joanna and I. We finished together. Our time was 31:22, yes both of us got the exact same time. Josh ad Reuben ran the 5k as well Josh's time was 25:28 and Reuben's time was 24:31. Susanna ran the 10k and her time was 47:59. She didn't do as well as she wanted to but came in less than a minute after the person she was trying to beat.

The team I traveled with showed up to the race before they headed to their Thanksgiving Day meal at our Team Manager's house. It was awesome. They didn't see us start because they were late, but they saw us at a corner and I think it was about half way. Joanna and I were really tired so it was a big encouragement. Especially to me. They ended up going to another corner and some of them even ended up running with us a little bit. Well toward the end of the race Reuben ended up running with Joanna and I and pushed us to finish strong and at a sprint. Well Joanna and I got to finish really well.

Joanna and I took a walk around the YMCA to warm down and then we rushed off to try to get back to the finish line to watch Susanna finish. Joanna and I waited for her before the finish line and then we ran with her till the end. Joanna ran on her right and I on her left. We pushed her and encouragement her till we could run no longer with her because of the chip timers we were using.

Susanna and I now have goals for next year's Thanksgiving Day Run at the YMCA. I want to run the 10k with her so we have a year to train. Our goal is to train for the top of her age group. To come in first for Susanna's age group, we need to run the 10k at 42:15. As a long term goal I jokingly said that we should do the Honolulu Marathon one day. Who knows it could happen. God has been making my dreams come true so why not dream big. My grandfather has run in marathons before so I have it in my blood I just have to find it and train it. :)

PS- One of the big things that God is still teaching me is: When I become who God wants me to be, everything else will fall into place.

1 comment:

kiralei "avenue" said...

Nice run...and nice vest. Woot for Utah!

Happy Giving of Thanks, Shawn-tay-tee.

Love Kiralei