Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lodi, CA....The Home Church

Tonight we just finished an 8-day SUMMIT. We had a great group of kids and I think I may have found some new prayer supporters. I'm so blessed to minister to kids who in turn pray for me.

Here's a few pictures from the week.

Ladies Luncheon Day....we help with nursery...we had 19 kids from newborn to 3 years old. Crazy but all was fed!

Anna loves babies and also was watching the kids during Ladies Luncheon.

Mountain Man Jack and Murrill getting ready to set up a tent for our Base Camp skit.

Crazy Head Night in Base Camp

Brennan and Josh during out skit on Saturday....Max and Stevie

Enjoying Oranges in more ways than one :) So much fun!!!!

Jonathan with a Go Bananas shirt....He wore it just for us.

Twins that I had lots of fun telling them apart. Amazingly I got it right every time. (One has a dimple when she smiles and one is taller than the other.) Two shy but sweet girls! I will miss them. Twins are an amazing thing and I can only imagine what it was like for the first mom that had twins....talk about a shocker.  


Austin, Brooke, and Cylie....that's C-Y-L-I-E! Austin was in Base Camp this week and his sisters were in Happy Heart City. I met them while they were signing in Austin. They brought a smile to my face every time I saw them. More and more kids that I will miss!

Of course I had to get a picture with them!

Another pic from Base Camp....yup that's my hair for crazy head night and the kid with the paper in his hair....yup that's his homework. I love the creativity that the kids have!
We get a few days off before we head to Beaumont, CA for a 4-day THIRST Conference. For the home stretch we will travel for two days to get to Colorado Springs for our last 8-day SUMMIT and on to Fort Worth, TX for our final 4-day THIRST Conference of this travel year. This year surely has flown by. But I've love it. I definitely have come a long way this year....and love it that God expresses His love for me in soooooo many ways. He truly is the Lover of my soul....I wish I could come close to loving Him like He loves me.

Please pray for me as I finish out the rest of this year and try to figure out my summer. I will have a break from the end of May until the beginning of July. In July I will be helping at our ministry's camp and than it's off to train with the new team for the 2012-2013 travel year. I'm amazing at the fact that I will be starting year 5! Wow.

If you want to get my e-mail updates please e-mail me at smichic01@gmail.com and let me know!

Serving HIM,
Shawntay

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Hey, Shawntay! I am pumped to find a blog from a White Team member! It was awesome having you guys out here last week! I'm still kicking myself for not having come to see Base Camp...but the services were so good I didn't want to skip out or interupt BC either! I did see everything set up at one point and it did my heart good to see all those familiar old props!! I was a Dynamite/BC teacher when I travelled, so I was thoroughly aquainted with the White team equipment - having purchased some of it myself, haha. Anyways, thanks for your work this past week in BC! I'm sad not to see you guys more.

Shawntay said...

Hey kellie

It was so good to see you too! I'm glad you all were able to come out here. I don't know if you noticed but I have links to the Slenks, Loveing's and a few other team members blogs.

Thanks for purchasing stuff that we are still using. :) I love Base Camp and the ministry God allows me to do.