Monday, January 01, 2007

My New Year's Celebration

The way we celebrate here in Hawaii is unique. In all the other places I've spent New Years it's not quite the same. In my previous post there's a slide show of a bunch of firecrackers that I saw. Here in Hawaii it is legal for everyone to set off fireworks. It's a big tradition here. Many of the pictures may look a little blurry, actually they're not bad pictures but it's all the smoke in the air. Yup it's really thick. Some pics were the firecrackers/fireworks that we were setting off and the others are of our neighbours up and down the street. I wish my digital camera had a video setting so you could have seen the incredible amounts of smoke through out our city. Of course, that's common not only in my city but every city around the island/state. Since I was a little girl we would set off fireworks. It's a fun tradition but your money literally goes up in smoke. :)
Oh...there's a pic of a bucket....well...what's left of the bucket. Some of the guys put firecrackers in there so it got so hot it melted it. I thought it was really cool so that's why there's a picture of it.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I missed the firecrackers! I've never been around so many fireworks at once...so much fun!